I love a good sandwich. You can pile almost anything between two pieces of good bread and have a wholesome meal. I like to play around with taste combinations and this one came out much better than I anticipated. I wasn't sure how avocados would jive with green pepper and the butter glazed bread, but it all blended nicely.
I used Ciabatta bread for this one but you can use the bread of your choice.
Here's the mix for the butter glaze. You just melt the butter in the microwave, add all other ingredients, and stir well.
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
For the sandwich filler you will need:
- Chicken or turkey luncheon meat
- Your choice of cheese
- Green pepper
- Drizzle butter glaze over split pieces of bread.
- Pop both sides of your bread, buttered side up, under the broiler of your oven on a cookie sheet. Toast to your preference.
- Pull from broiler and add another good drizzle of butter glaze.
- Top bread halves with thinly sliced chicken or turkey and cheese of your choice. (I prefer Swiss or Provolone.)
- Pop back under the broiler just long enough to warm meat and melt cheese.
- Remove from oven and top with sliced green pepper and avocados.